A barbecue triggered a blaze which destroyed a Kelowna home, firefighters say.
The two-storey house on Garner Road was burned to its foundation after catching fire about 10 p.m. Friday.
"It is believed that the fire started in an area of the barbecue, which was in use when the fire was discovered," said Kelowna Fire Department platoon captain Steve Wallick.
One resident of the house was home at the time of the fire, and he escaped unharmed. Four other people live at the home, and are now being assisted by Emergency Support Services.
Surveying the ruins of the house, a man who identified himself as the property owner declined on Saturday to talk about the fire.