Firefighters in Coldstream had their hands full when they arrived at a North Okanagan house fire on the weekend.
Coldstream fire Chief Shane Code said firefighters were faced with a yard and garage cluttered with propane tanks, paint cans and many other items.
"It was all there and fully engulfed," said Code.
Crews were called to a minor brush fire Saturday at about 4 p.m. However, Code said a thick plume of black smoke in the sky hinted that the blaze was more than minor.
When fire crews arrived at the home on Lakeview Drive, it took just minutes for the fire to spread from a classic Mercedes car, to the garage and into the roof of the home.
"There was an exceptionally high amount of stored goods in the area. It was a very difficult home to get in and around," said Code.
Still, firefighters managed to save the front of the home and a lot of the homeowners' property. "He's an older gentleman and his life was stored in the house," said Code.
Both husband and wife escaped without injury.
Code said the fire may have started under the Mercedes, which was left idling.
The home was insured.