Register or login today to start collecting Courier points!

           | 

Man homeless after mobile home fire

Print PDF

A man is homeless after fire burned part of his mobile home in West Kelowna. 
The man was inside when flames erupted in the front room of the single-wide trailer in Village Green Mobile Home Park shortly before 10 a.m. Saturday. He told firefighters a fire alarm went off and the blaze started behind the TV.
He got out safely with his dog. Smoke filled the living space when West Kelowna firefighters arrived. They used water and foam to douse it, but the home is uninhabitable until repairs are made.
“There was extensive smoke damage to the house and minimal water damage,” said Captain Bob Peters of West Kelowna Fire Rescue.
The resident, in his 30s, had inhaled smoke and breathed oxygen from a mask for a short time. He plans to stay with a friend or relative until he can move in again.
Fire officials were unsure whether something electrical sparked the blaze, but have ruled out the cause as suspicious. 

You must be registered and logged in to be able to comment!

Share Story