Made up of Rachel Matkin, Barry Mathers, and Jim Ryan - Dirt Road Opera come from an esteemed musical background. Rachel got her professional start singing with The Matkin Family Band at the tender age of eight and was nominated for a Juno Award in the category of Country Female Vocalist of the year just a few years later on the strength of her solo debut album, Living Beyond Our Dreams. Barry, who many know from the Juno-nominated Cruzeros, is a veteran of the Canadian music scene who has been recognized with many awards for his singing, songwriting and instrumental talents. Jim has played with Mathers for ten years in the Cruzeros, along with Rachel. He's played with the who's who in the world of music.
While each has their own style, sensibility and depth of expression they bring to the music, it’s perhaps together that they shine brightest, as audiences have come to appreciate.
- Season passes suspended for mask refusal
- More accolades for Kelowna filmmakers, Koyczan
- Police say fourth gun at scene where year-old boy shot dead, man and officer injured
- Canuck goalie's art goes on display at local gallery
- COVID numbers reported wrong
- Trio of tall towers proposed for downtown Kelowna
- Mask policy sparks another assault
- Kelowna company to produce natural gas from wood waste
- New tax on drivers proposed for Kelowna
- It’s OK to drink white wine in winter
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Receive daily headlines on local news, sports, entertainment, and more right to your inbox. Sign up now!