In her letter regarding letters to the editor Carol Stein says, “All the “letters were excellent and enlightening” (Courier, Aug. 27). These letters had a strong conservative bias and contained a number of serious factual inaccuracies and misleading assertions.
I will let others comment on these.
She concludes by saying that, “Canada really is on a downward path.”
I cannot see the downward path when:
1. More than one million additional Canadians are working today than in 2015;
2. The poverty rate is the lowest ever;
3. The unemployment rate is the lowest ever;
4. Debt-to-GDP is the lowest in the G7;
5. Canada now has a triple-A credit rating;
6. The last two Conservative governments ran deficits that created 70% of our debt.
These, to me, do not constitute a downward path, but rather a fast-moving, forward path.