1907 Tram Ride in Vancouver (Granville Street).
#Restored in #4K, #60FPS, #Colorized, #Stabilized with Sound.
This film footage shows the early days of #Vancouver — it is the earliest film footage of the city, whose population was only 27,000 in 1901. It was shot by Seattle filmmaker William Harbeck, who was hired five years later to film the maiden voyage of the Titanic; he died at 44 when the ship sank the night of April 14, 1912
Software for Restoration:
1. #Dainapp (60FPS AI Frame Interpolation)
2. #After Effects (Stabilization + Deflicker)
3. #Deoldify (AI Colorization)
4. #Gigapixel (#AI #Upscale)
I worked on the restoration of this clip for three weeks.
- KSS star navigates pandemic to college football scholarship
- Love of a lifetime won’t change for local man with Alzheimer’s
- Jack Whyte, Kelowna's best-selling 'Dream of Eagles' author, dies at 80
- Artists and audience members clamor for new Kelowna venues
- Plans for 650 homes at Kelowna's southern edge rejected by council
- Kelowna's tax on tourists up for renewal in shadow of pandemic
- Strong pent-up demand for safe tourism, Kelowna council hears
- Mission Hill excited about 2020 wines
- New direct link from Okanagan Rail Trail to Predator Ridge, Sparkling Hill
- Thumbs down urged for massive Kelowna housing project
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Receive daily headlines on local news, sports, entertainment, and more right to your inbox. Sign up now!