In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and requirements for physical distancing, the Kelowna Fire Department has brought its portable Fire Safety House and important educational information, to video.
Typically, every school in Kelowna would be visited by the Kelowna Fire Department within the academic year. Students from kindergarten to grade three are taught the importance of evacuating the home when they hear the smoke alarm, staying low under smoke, how to check doors for heat prior to opening them and proceeding to their designated family meeting spot outside.
For more information about the Kelowna Fire Department, visit kelowna.ca/fire.
- Costco's rock-crusher plan at new Kelowna store angers neighbors
- $1M windfall for Kelowna's Class of '21
- Spa resort and hotel pitched for West Kelowna hilltop
- Kelowna seventh costliest city for rent in Canada
- Two charged in Saskatchewan Mountie's death make first court appearance in Regina
- Ranks of big wage-earners at City of West Kelowna jump 20%
- Murder charges laid in Naramata triple-homicide case
- Homicide victim’s son arrested on warrants
- Popular hairstylist latest victim in Naramata murders
- Site work underway for Kelowna's long-awaited new beach park
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Receive daily headlines on local news, sports, entertainment, and more right to your inbox. Sign up now!